Post Pandemic Wedding Roadmap
Throughout this lockdown, all we have wanted is some sort of post pandemic wedding roadmap to let us know what we can and cannot do for the rest of 2021, and now it’s been released, we still have so many questions.
To make it easier, we’ve broken down the elements below with dates that may be helpful when planning your wedding. Whilst many couples have decided to postpone and wait until either the end of next year or 2022, we know there are still many of you wanting to tie the know this year for one reason or another.
The main take from the above wedding roadmap is that although they have been specific with these dates, none of them are set in stone if the COVID case numbers do not reflect what they have planned. This all also completely depends on the vaccination rate and if it continues at the speed they’re currently working.
8th March 2021 – Wedding ceremonies for 6 people may now go ahead
12th April 2021 – Weddings receptions may now take place as well as the ceremony for up to 15 guests.
– At this point, they haven’t specified, however we assume these numbers do not include suppliers to be in line with last years rules.
– We assume the reception element is to be kept seated and no dancing is to be allowed.
– They are also test piloting large scale events including weddings from this date to ensure it is safe for them to go ahead in the Summer.
17th May 2021 – All significant life events may take place with numbers up to 30.
– Although it has not been specified, we assume these numbers exclude suppliers.
– We assume this still does not allow dancing, however a short first dance may take place.
21st June 2021 – No restrctions on numbers, all parties and events may go ahead.
– From the 21st June 2021, the government are hopeful that all restrictions may be lifted including the use of face masks and all social distancing. We are hopeful that all wedding parties with unlimited numbers will now be able to take place.
– It is worth noting that unless the rate of the spread slows enough, the government may be forced to postpone this date until further notice.
As pleased as we are that we have a wedding roadmap out of this pandemic, we are fully aware that there is still so much uncertainty within these guidelines as to what can and cannot take place at each step, especially when it comes to date changes last minute. For this exact reason, we still have so many clients looking to host an intimate wedding to limit the possibility of having to postpone. You can read more about our recent micro wedding here.
If you’re currently looking for help planning your last minute wedding since the post pandemic wedding roadmap has been released, or would like more information on our services in general, then please do feel free to get in touch with us today.
Luxury Weddings and Events
7 Tockley Road